SB Capital (Aust) Pty Ltd (ACN 605 191 633) trading as Landguide (Landguide) operates the website www.landguide.com.au (Site). Landguide recognises the importance of protecting personal information and is committed to complying with its obligations under the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) and the associated Australian Privacy Principles.
This Privacy Notice describes
- the personal information we collect and how we use that information;
- when we might disclose your personal information; and
- how we keep and protect your personal information.
It applies to this Site and to any services where this Privacy Notice is referenced.
By using or accessing our Site or our services and/or registering for an account, you are taken to have read and accepted the terms of this Privacy Notice and our Website Terms and Conditions.
What is Personal information?
“Personal information” is information that can be associated with a specific person that could be used to identify that specific person, either from the data directly or from that data combined with other information that we have, or are likely to have, access to. Personal information doesn’t include anonymous or aggregated information that can no longer be used to identify a specific person.
Public information is any information, including personal information, you share with a public audience, including personal information you publish on our site. Public information is available to anyone on or off our Services and can be seen or accessed through online search engines, APIs, and offline media, such as on TV.
Changes to this Privacy Notice
We may change this Privacy Notice at any time by posting the updated terms to the Site. You should review this Privacy Notice regularly so that you are updated on any changed. The updated terms automatically take effect 30 days after they are posted.
Personal information we collect
Landguide may collect personal information about you including but not limited to your name, address, phone number, email, gender, occupation, personal interests and any other information provided. For some services and products, we may also collect your personal information to enable verification of your identity. If you access any of our services through a social network site such as Facebook, we may collect limited information provided to us by that social network site. We may also collect non-personal information about you via tracking technologies such as cookies, web beacons and measurement software.
You acknowledge that the personal information you provide us and which we collect from you is your own information or information which you have been authorised to provide to us.
We may collect information you give us including:
- when you register for an account;
- when we verify you or your account;
- when you interact with your account;
- when you subscribe to receive alerts;
- when you contact us for any reason;
- when you post or contribute material to our Site;
- when you use our services; and
- when you transact with us.
We may collect information automatically including:
- information from the devices you use when using, accessing or interacting with the Site or our services;
- information about your location such as geo-location;
- information from cookies, web beacons and similar technologies; and
- computer and connection information.
We may collect information from out sources including:
- information we get from third parties such as publically available demographic information; and
- information from social media sites when you use those sites to register, share information or connect to your account.
How we may use your personal information
We use the personal information we have collected largely for the purpose of providing you with the Site and the products and services that you have requested, responding to your inquiries, creating and maintaining your account and ensuring you comply and adhere to our Website Terms and Conditions.
More specifically, we may may use personal information we have collected to:
- ensure that the Site is presented in the most effective manner for you and your device;
- provide better services to you;
- combine your personal information with information we have collected from third parties, service providers, cookies, web
- beacons or similar in order to provide you with a better and more personalised experience;
- personalise or customise the services we provide to you;
- respond to you or provide you with services, products or information or assistance you request;
- contact you about the Site or our services;
- verify your identity when you log into your account;
- help carry out our obligations arising from any contracts we have with you; and
- notify you about changes to our products and services.
If all or part of this information is not provided, we may not be able to provide all of our services.
We may also use your personal information to provide you with information about offers, promotions, goods or services which we believe may be of interest to you and share your information whit other third parties so that they can provide you with products or services on our behalf or help us provide you with, or contact you about, the requested products and services. If we do contact you by using your personal information in this manner, we will give you the opportunity to request that your information is not to be used for further direct marketing (ie, by unsubscribing).
We may disclose personal information to our related or affiliated companies, service providers or business partners. We may also disclose your personal information:
- to property developers, builders, real estate agents and similar and companies or people which you have requested information from by submitting an enquiry; and
- to or service providers or third parties so they can provide you with product and services on our behalf or products and services that you have requested directly from them.
How we store and secure personal information
Landguide strives to ensure the security, integrity and privacy of personal information it collects. We have established safeguards and reasonable security measures to protect your personal information from unauthorised access, modification and disclosure. We review these safeguards and security measures regularly to keep up to date with current technologies. However, no data transmission over the internet can truly be regarded as secure and we cannot guarantee that your personal information will be secure.
Personal information we collect may be held on servers located in Australia or in the data centres of outsourced data processors in Australia and internationally. We may transfer data outside of Australia or to our service providers in order to secure storage, backup data and to provide our services. When you provide us with your personal information you give us your consent to store your personal information in this manner.
We may also share your personal information with our service providers and other third parties located outside Australia so that they can provide you with any products or services requested by you, including contacting you in relation to the products or services. We will obtain your consent before using your personal information for these purposes. Any service providers or third parties located outside of Australia are not required to comply with Australian privacy laws and you may not be able to seek redress under these laws in connection with the collection, use, handling and disclosure of your personal information.
Correction, access and complaints
If at any time you discover that information held about you is incorrect or you would like to review and confirm the accuracy of your personal information, please contact our Privacy Officer on email@example.com. You can also access the personal information we hold about you, subject to certain exceptions provided by law, by contacting our Privacy Officer.
Please contact our Privacy Officer for any questions about this Privacy Notice or our privacy practice or any questions, concerns or complaints in relation to the way we collect, use, handle or disclose your personal information. When contacting our Privacy Officer please provide as much detail as possible. We will try to provide a prompt response to your complaint. If you have an unresolved privacy or data use concern, please contact your privacy regulator.
For more information about privacy issues in Australia and protecting your privacy, visit the Officer of the Australian Information Commissioner's website at https://www.oaic.gov.au .